February 9, 2019
Hosted at Tarrant County College, Trinity River Campus, 300 Trinity Campus Circle, Fort Worth, TX 76102
Join us for an action-oriented conference focused on strategies for stepping up and owning your political power.
Elected leaders and politically ambitious young women, like you, will share how to best position yourselves as public leaders. You will leave inspired, activated, and ready to run!
Keynote Speaker: Sheriff Lupe Valdez
“From migrant farmworker to U.S. National Guard Captain, federal agent to the very proud Sheriff of the good people of Dallas County, I’ve dedicated my life to defending Texans and I’m not done yet.” - Lupe Valdez
Lunch Plenary: Advice for Future Candidates
Have you declared your ambition to run for office? Women across the nation are running in record numbers and the face of our democracy is changing. IGNITE alum Karla Garcia sits down with elected women to gather expert advice on developing your leadership, running a successful campaign and winning your seat!
Devan Allen, Tarrant Country Commissioner, Precinct 2
Representative Victoria Neave, Texas House of Representatives
|Karla Garcia, IGNITE Alumna and Candidate for Dallas ISD School Board, District 4|
Sessions and speakers announced on a rolling basis. More to come soon!
Women in Politics Lunch
- Devan Allen, Tarrant Country Commissioner, Precinct 2
- Councilmember Deb Armintor, Denton City Council, At Large Place 5
- Mayor Pro Tem Jennifer Berthiaume, City of Murphy
- Keely Briggs, Denton City Council District 2
- Christene Chadwick Moss, FWISD District 3 Board Trustee
- Gwendolyn Caldwell Morrison, Trustee, Tarrant County College Board
- Board President Julie Cole, Hurst Euless Bedford ISD School Board
- Commissioner Theresa Daniel, Dallas County
- Sally Derrick, School Board Member, Carrollton Farmers Branch ISD Board of Trustees
- The Honorable Dr. Harryette Ehrhardt
- Corinne French, Vice President, Valley View ISD and TASB Board of Director Region 11
- Representative Jessica Gonzales, Texas House of Representatives, House District 104
- Treasurer Lisa Hembry, Dallas County
- School Board Trustee Nuzhat Hye, Irving IDS Board
- Tobi Jackson, President, FWISD Board of Trustees
- Jan McDowell, Candidate for U.S. Congress
- Judge Sasha Moreno, Dallas County Justice of the Peace, 4-2
- Representative Victoria Neave, Texas House of Representatives
- Colonel Kimberly D. Olson, United States Air Force, Retired
- Deborah Peoples, Chair, Tarrant County Democratic Party
- Judge Susan Piel, Denton County Criminal Court Number Two
- Representative Ana-Maria Ramos, Texas House of Representatives, District 102
- Cristal Retana, City of Farmers Branch, Planning and Zoning Commission
- Board Trustee Nedra Robinson, Crowley ISD Board, Place 1
- Councilmember Claudia Sandoval, City of Cockrell Hill
- Amanda Sargent, DeSoto ISD Board Trustee Place 7
- Judge Gena Slaughter, 191st District Court
- Dominique Torres, DART Board Member
- School Board Trustee Candace Valenzuela, Carrollton Farmers Branch ISD
- Councilwoman Ann Zadeh, Fort Worth City Council, District 9
More electeds to be announced soon.
An invitation to Elected Officials
We invite elected officials to join us and connect with our women for Curated Conversations from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. Student moderators sit at each table and facilitate thoughtful conversation between elected officials and 6-8 politically ambitious high school and college students. Your presence as a mentor is invaluable to our young women who plan to run for office one day! Elected officials are specially requested to attend the Curated Conversations lunchtime session but are invited to stay for the entire conference if they wish.
If you are able to join us or would like to receive conference updates unique to Elected Officials, please complete this form.
Thank you to our sponsors
The time is now to inspire and activate the next generation of women leaders. We invite you to join us as a partner in this worthwhile and energizing community event. Contact email@example.com with any questions.