The mission of IGNITE's National Alumni Network is to fuel alumni's political ambition and accelerate their path to elected office.
Since 2009, IGNITE has trained 8,500 young women to step into their political power. As we grow as an organization, we are committed to supporting our young women to turn their political ambition into running for office in their communities.
Members of the IGNITE Alumni Network have access to:
- IGNITE’s vast national network of peers, mentors and elected officials
- Mentorships, internships and job opportunities
- Online and in-person workshops and trainings
- Opportunities to mentor high school and college participants
- A quarterly newsletter filled with tips and resources for campaigning
You are eligible to join if you have participated in eight or more hours of events or programs:
- High school program
- College chapter
- College Council
- National and state conferences
Now recruiting Alumni Ambassadors
IGNITE is currently recruiting for Alumni to serve as Ambassadors across the U.S in Northern CA, Texas and New York. Alumni Ambassadors are integral in expanding the national network of alumni who are graduating from our programs. Alumni Ambassadors will lead the network via activities, mentorship, and connection.
Mentor an IGNITE Participant
Providing opportunities for alumni to mentor current IGNITE participants is a key programmatic goal of the Alumni Network. By leveraging the unique talent and expertise of our alumni, we can help guide current participants’ path to political leadership. Mentoring a current participant is a rewarding endeavor for alumni and can also satisfy their desire to give back to the next generation of leaders.
Host an alumni event
Want to host an IGNITE alumni social in your area? Download our guide and complete our sign up form. We'll follow up to confirm details.
Why women are joining
“The network you build and the connections you make with IGNITE don’t end with the College Council. You spend time together with other women going to events, sharing opportunities with each other - and it doesn’t just stop all of a sudden. With the Alumni Network, the growth and the bonding continues.”
- Zunera Ahmed, IGNITE Alumna from New York City, current IGNITE Fellow, senior at Brooklyn College
“I chose to major in Public Policy as a result of my involvement with IGNITE in high school. Political representation, civic engagement and activism are more important and relevant than ever, particularly for my community. The discussions, issues, and questions posed throughout my IGNITE experience continue to guide my personal and career aspirations.”
- Karla G. Garcia, IGNITE Alumna from Irma Rangel Young Women’s Leadership School, senior at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
"IGNITE has not only shown me that I belong in politics but also provided me with the resources to be able to pursue my political ambition. Being part of the IGNITE Alumni Network will allow me to meet more amazing women across the nation who share the same love of IGNITE and passion to create a difference in their communities!"
- Juli Adhikari, IGNITE Alumna and senior at the University of California Berkeley, and Vice-Chair of the Commission on the Status of Women
Meet our 2018-2019 Alumni Ambassadors